Thursday, 17 May 2012

Progress on my Rx3 Lay Down Sailing Boat

I have started work on filling in the transom cutout on my lay down sailing boat. I am hoping to get her ready for another test sail in the next couple of weeks.

In the mean time I am trying to find an old dinghy spinnaker that I can cut down to about 20 square feet. I have a bid on Ebay at the moment, it is a symetrical spin but I should be able to make a small assymetric out of it. I figure the mainsail of 35 square feet will be just right for going into wind but adding an additional tiny spinnaker might make it possible to get up on the plane off the wind.

N.B I have decided I should be calling the Rx3 a "lay down" sailing boat as opposed to "lie down" sailing boat! :)

No comments:

Post a comment